As you might know, I have a new son. His arrival has necessitated that I fill out all sorts of forms - a birth registration, an application for a Social Insurance Number (this can only be done by mail if I enclose his original birth certificate - doesn't sound like a great idea), an application for a Manitoba Health card, and a passport. (I plan to bring him to the States this summer and intend to apply for the U.S. version of all these documents - excluding the health card, as health care won't come to the U.S. until pigs fly.)
While checking out the requirements for a Canadian passport, I came across this amusing list of examples of "unacceptable passport photos." (Look at the schlub in the last picture.) Fortunately (doesn't this sound ludicrous), "Passport Canada recognizes the difficulty in obtaining a neutral expression of a newborn and will allow for some tolerance in this regard." Some tolerance?
No comments:
Post a Comment