Sunday, January 3, 2010

Giving Birth, Winnipeg-Style

Two weeks ago, my son was born at the same hospital where the infamous Winnipeg Toilet Baby was treated: Health Sciences Centre (a.k.a. Hell Sciences). I won't go into the gory details of the extremely complicated labor and delivery (suffice it to say that the whole freaking hospital employs ONE, count him, ONE anesthesiologist), but I will mention an interesting detail. According to one of the nurses, one can often smell weed in the labor and delivery areas ("but not in the nice private rooms").

3 comments:

yeshivaguy said...

I knew you must have had your baby! There was a suspicious hiatus in your postings here. Well, mazel tov! Terrific news.

yeshivaguy said...

So were you in the hospital with the toilet baby woman? What a bizarre story!

It's not the first time this has happened in Winnipeg. Same thing occurred a couple of years ago. See here:

http://www.paherald.sk.ca/Canada---World/News/2009-12-15/article-278344/Winnipeg-mother-gives-birth-on-toilet/1

It's the brain freezes. Makes people dumb. Be sure to wear a hat whenever you go outdoors.

New Yorker in Winnipeg said...

Not only was I in the same hospital, but one of the nurses who treated me also treated the toilet baby.

It sounds like that woman's delivery was much easier than mine!

Post a Comment