Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's "Bearly" Believable...

...that someone would want to visit Manitoba. But here it is, more evidence that the province's PR campaign has New Yorkers in its sights. I personally know a couple who traveled to the town of Churchill to see polar bears. (Apparently, this small community of 4,000 people pays $4 for a loaf of Wonder Bread.)

ETA: I'm back in Winnipeg for the winter. The blizzard in NYC actually prepared me for it.

3 comments:

yeshivaguy said...

So you were here for the blizzard? You're getting the worst of both worlds.

Here in Jersey it was miserable; my creaking back got a horrendous workout; I haven't shoveled this much snow since ... since ... was it just last year?

And they say more is on the way.

New Yorker in Winnipeg said...

More is on the way???

yeshivaguy said...

Supposedly. They're talking about another nor'easter next week. When I was a kid, the only people who used the word "nor'easter" lived in books. Now Craig Allen throws it around daily like some weather-beaten old salt in a turtleneck.

Post a Comment