Monday, January 24, 2011

How About Some Whipped Cream and Jimmies On Your Steak?

Here's another example of the peculiar predilection for overly sweet flavors I find at many Winnipeg restaurants. Shrimp with pineapple, grapes and peaches, really? Might as well add some chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on there. And this is one of the better restaurants in Winnipeg.

3 comments:

yeshivaguy said...

It's how poor people eat. Y'know, trailer trash types. Condescending but true.

New Yorker in Winnipeg said...

But this is even a problem at the finer restaurants here. I think it's just the local taste. I just found the most disgusting sandwich at local restaurant. It's a chicken sandwich with white rice, wild rice, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers, special "voodoo sauce," and - you guessed it, chocolate. They also serve bison blueberry stew.

yeshivaguy said...

I'm surprised they don't deep-fry the sandwich while they're at it.

Post a Comment