Friday, September 24, 2010

Would I like to support Canadian mental health?

That was the question when I went to send a letter at the Shoppers Mart post office. I donated a "loonie," as did the gentleman behind me in line. (For those not in the know, a "loonie" is a dollar.) "Loonie" sounds awfully like "loony." Even the money is crazy here.

3 comments:

yeshivaguy said...

A good hot bagel store would do wonders for Canadian mental health. A hot pastrami on rye couldn't hurt either.

New Yorker in Winnipeg said...

Yeah- you're not gonna find a great bagel with nova here. Hot pastrami? I guess you could try Montreal, which has a much more respectable smoked meat reputation. Winnipeg just has a lot of smokers.

yeshivaguy said...

No need to travel as far east as Montreal. Toronto's got them both, in the Jewish neighborhoods at least.

Post a Comment