Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do You Want to Connect Here?


I don't know where the hell this major Winnipeg airline goes to, but I wonder if they charge a $150 change fee if you have to reschedule your flight because you were hospitalized for a minor health emergency at 7 months pregnant. Way to treat the incubators of the next generation, United Airlines!

Seriously, though. Does Bearskin make you pay in furs, or something? And what is up with all of these animals around here. At Winnipeg Customs today, a uniformed security officer led a velvety black dog back and forth. After the canine sniffed at the few of us who were standing on line, the officer took him away... and began playing fetch with him right in the room. I guess there aren't a lot of security threats over here.

(P.S. In the very unexpected event that you decide to fly from New York to Winnipeg, here is a word of warning. Because this is such an oft-visited destination, there are no direct flights from New York, so you have to connect through Chicago, Minneapolis, or Toronto. If you take a later flight to Chicago (on the beloved United Airlines), it will inevitably be late. Soon, a horde of people connecting to San Francisco will be given a gate number and a free pass to get off the plane before anyone else, and you, the lonely traveler to Winnipeg, will be ignored. You will probably miss your connecting flight to Winnipeg. Just for fun, my husband and I tested this out on two separate occasions, and yes, the San Franciscans were given priority service. I got to spend the night at a choice motel 15 miles away from O'Hare.)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Are you OK? What was this "minor medical emergency" you alluded to?

New Yorker in Winnipeg said...

I must have gotten food poisoning or something. At any rate I ended up at NYU Langone and had to go through three IV's.

Post a Comment