Saturday, June 19, 2010
What (Else) I'm Missing While I'm In New York
The mosquitoes are out with a vengeance this summer in Winnipeg. Unfortunately, a few protesters ensure that buffer zones are enforced against the removal of the bugs. Gotta love Canada! Although at this point I have to return to Winnipeg sometime in September, I hope this year is my last so as to avoid a hellish summer of cankerworms and skeeters. Why on earth do people live in Winnipeg? (Not to mention, apparently Saskatchewan and Manitoba are the only two Canadian provinces that will not have access to the new iPhone - because there's no 3G. Winnipeg: the most progressive, cutting-edge town around... if you lived in 1880!)
4 comments:
I believe mosquitoes are one of the attractions of Winnipeg. Nothing like a good mosquito hunt. They fry 'em up and add them to the pemmican. Yum.
I was just told that after mosquito season comes WASP SEASON. And don't forget... the deer ticks. Yes, Winnipeg has a lot to offer, no matter what your blood type!
There's enough wasps that they get their own season? Unbelievable.
Well... they have their own 311 line. The bugs, that is.
http://www.winnipeg.ca/cms/bugline/insect_information/wasps.stm
Post a Comment